Lots of people are choosing VPS Hosting these days for hosting their blog as it very easy to use, efficient and very much affordable. Earlier people used to choose Shared Hosting for blogging as there was no option available except Dedicated Server Hosting. But it was very difficult to manage a dedicated server plus the huge set up costs kept lots of users of hosting away from it. So Shared Hosting was mainly chosen.
VPS Hosting is available in two options – Windows VPS and Linux VPS. Windows VPS is based on GUI (Graphical User Interface) and so is more popular. A Windows VPS is also known as a Windows Virtual Server as it is a virtual server based on Windows.
VPS Hosting (Windows VPS / Linux VPS) is much better for blog hosting as you have the option of customizing your virtual server. Scalability is also an option in a VPS Hosting and you never run short of resources. The most important feature of a Windows VPS or Windows Virtual Server is that it is completely secured. So you never have to worry about your data if you opt for a Windows VPS or a Windows Virtual Server in Shared Hosting.
There is no limit to the blogs that you can put in Blog Hosting if it is on a Windows VPS or a Windows Virtual Server. Also there is always a Burstable RAM in place which makes sure that you will be able to put as many blogs you want to on your Windows VPS or Windows Virtual Server. Also this Burstable RAM will ensure that your site never stops working because of a sudden increase in traffic on your website. So a VPS Hosting solution is ideal for your Blog Hosting.
Now we would describe the top 5 applications that are used in a Blog VPS.
1. WordPress – WordPress is the most popular software that is used by bloggers and the best part of a WordPress is that it is free. In this you have an access to thousands of themes and plug ins through which you can customize your blog and your website. This is also known as WordPress Hosting or a WordPress VPS.
Right now, more than 3 million people are using WordPress all over the world. They have started their own blogs using WordPress Hosting or WordPress VPS. It can also be used for CMS too.
2. TypePad – TypePad is not free as compared to WordPress. Six Apart own it who have made Movable Type. TypePad is used by both individuals as well as companies who are bloggers. It is easy for a programmer to maintain and set up a TypePad as compared to an average user. Despite the fact that a TypePad is not free it is still very popular and remains among the top blogging applications.
3. Movable Type – Movable Type is also a blogging application and has communities online for individual users as well as developers. This version is capable of fixing bugs that cause problems with developers which was not there in the previous version. This application is also free and that is why it is also very popular among users. Movable Type is generally used as a CMS for websites, bloggers as well as online communities.
4. Blogger – Google purchased Blogger from its original developers Pyra Labs around 2003. It is one of the easiest applications and hence is very popular among non programming bloggers. The customization features that are available in it are not that powerful since it has not been updated as regularly as others.
5. Drupal – Drupal provides an open source CMS and hence is very popular among website designers as well as bloggers. It has lots of add-ons which make it completely customizable, so you can give your website any design you want to. Drupal is also free and is improved and updated by developers and designers.
These are the top 5 applications that are used on a Virtual Server (Windows or Linux) very often.
UCVHOST gives the best VPS Hosting solutions (Windows VPS / Linux VPS) which are used by bloggers to host their blogs online. UCVHOST sells Cheap VPS solutions and gives the best support and a good uptime of 99.999% to everybody who buys hosting from us. Just visit UCVHOST and try our plans (Windows Virtual Server) with our 30 day money back guarantee.