These days more and more people are opting for VPS Hosting. It offers a wide range of benefits to everyone so people all the more like it.
A VPS is referred to as a Virtual Private Server. It is based on the technology of virtualization and is created by dividing a physical server into small servers virtually. Since a VPS is created via a virtual partition it is known as a Virtual Server too. A Virtual Server is of two types – Windows and Linux. A Windows VPS is more common of the two as it is very easy to use as compared to a Linux VPS. A Windows VPS is also known as Windows Virtual Server too.
A Windows VPS has the following benefits:
- A Windows Virtual Server is completely secured. Each virtual partition separates one virtual server from the others and hence you are free from the risk of getting hacked etc. So a Windows VPS is the best VPS.
- In a VPS Hosting your Windows VPS would be managed by your Windows VPS host. Most VPS Hosting providers do this for at no extra cost. So it becomes a cheap VPS.
- Also a Windows VPS or a Windows Virtual Server is very much capable of updating itself as and when updated are available, that too automatically.
- One can customize his Windows VPS in a VPS Hosting and install and uninstall applications as and when desired (best VPS).
- Also your VPS Hosting provider would take backups of your Windows VPS on a daily basis so that you never have to worry about the data on your virtual server.
These are the main benefits of a Windows VPS in a VPS Hosting. But in order to avail the great benefits of VPS Hosting one has to select the right plan for himself. You would either end up spending more for things you do not require if you do not know what to buy.
The main query usually is that how much RAM one would require on his VPS or Windows VPS in a VPS Hosting. In this article we intend to answer this query of yours.
Mostly VPS Hosting providers suggest that one should at least have 512 MB (megabytes) of RAM on his virtual server so that it is able to perform at its best. If one intends to run more than just a basic operating system on his Windows VPS or Windows Virtual Server, then he must take 1 GB (Gigabyte) to that the virtual server can operate efficiently.
For people who run bare bones systems which have few users (100 or so) then in that case RAM as low as 286 MB would work. Usually people start with the lowest plan of Virtual Server in a VPS Hosting and increase their plan and the RAM as per requirement. This is the main reason why people go for VPS Hosting. It is cheap and can be customized as per needs. That is why a Windows VPS is also known as Best VPS or Cheap VPS.
For people who want to run more than basic applications on their Virtual Server and also have more than 1000 users per day, then they must at least opt between 1 and 2 GB RAM. Usually it is stated that the more the RAM on your Virtual Server, more efficient your Windows VPS would be. Some people also opt between 4-5 GB RAM since they expect to have more than 2000 people a day on their Windows Virtual Server.
So if you are facing troubles such as slow system, crashes etc., then you must upgrade your Windows VPS with a better RAM and it would definitely fix your problem.
At UCVHOST we give personalized support to everybody. Visit UCVHOST and chat with our live support and they will help you in selecting your Windows VPS based on your needs. At UCVHOST we sell what you need and not what we want to sell. Also our VPS Hosting plans are the cheapest (Cheap VPS) and start at $9.99 a month. So visit UCVHOST and SIGN UP now.