A lot of webhosting plans are available on the internet these days catering to varied needs of people. Each plan has its own advantages as well as disadvantages. In this article we will discuss types of hosting and who would need them?
The very first option that is available is Shared Hosting or Cheap Hosting. This is known as Cheap Hosting simply because of the lower set up cost it offers to all its users. It is the least expensive plan available. A lot of people have gained an online presence through this type of hosting solution as it is very cheap. Here a server is shared by a lot of people. Though Shared Hosting plan offers inexpensive hosting but it also has some limitations. This plan is suitable for people who have lesser traffic on their website and have a small business.
To overcome these issues, next option available is Dedicated Server Hosting. It offers features like customization and security. But this option is very expensive. You will have to pay a lot of money to own a Dedicated Server since here you are allocated a physical server which belongs to you only. It becomes costly because of the hardware that has to be put on it.
Next option available is known as a VPS or a Virtual Private Server. It is based on the technology of virtualization. Here a large physical server is divided into small servers by creating a virtual partition. This virtual partition allows each server to act like a Dedicated Server as each one of them gets its own operating system. Now your server becomes capable of getting rebooted and updated as and when desired. This feature makes Virtual Private Server the most sought after. The sharing of one physical server also reduces the cost and hence it becomes Cheap VPS or a Cheap Dedicated Server. A VPS is also known as a Virtual Dedicated Server as it is created by a virtual partition and offers all the features of a Dedicated Server. A Virtual Dedicated Server comes between Shared Hosting and a Dedicated Hosting. It costs a fraction of the price of a Dedicated Server.
The main advantages of a Cheap VPS are:
- One can put unlimited websites on it.
- You can reboot your server as and when needed.
- Your server gets updated as and when updates are available.
- Backups of your server are taken by the hosting company every other day so there is no need to worry about your data.
- You can customize your server and install and uninstall applications as per your requirement.
- Your server is completely secured here since you have a virtual partition in place which separates you from the others. If one account is hacked then your server will not get affected.
- The performance of your server is also high.
- A VPS can very easily support high traffic on websites.
Because of the above mentioned advantages, VPS is becoming very popular over Shared Hosting because it is cheap and still offers lots of features.
At UCVHOST we maintain your server for you that too free of cost. We take backups of your VPS every third day so you never have to worry about your data. We have plans (Windows VPS / Linux VPS / Forex VPS) for everybody and are the cheapest in the market (Cheap VPS). Just visit UCVHOST and SIGN UP for one now.