If you have a website and wondering which plan to use for its Hosting, here are some of the answers.
It can be a bit difficult for anybody to decide as to which plan to take amongst Shared Hosting and VPS or a Virtual Private Server. This decision of yours is very crucial since it would decide how your website would perform when live on the internet. Both Shared Hosting and VPS have its own advantages, so which one would suit you depends on your business (whether it is big or small).
About Shared Hosting
In a Shared Hosting, a large physical server is shared by several users. These users and websites can range from a few hundred to a lot many. Since these users share physical resources on a server it becomes very cheap as the costs get shared amongst various users. That is why it is also known as Cheap Hosting.
It has a lot of advantages such as
- A Shared Hosting or a Cheap Hosting plan is very easy to use
- It is very cheap as far as cost is concerned. A lot of web hosting companies are giving Cheap Hosting plans starting at $1 a month.
- A Cheap Hosting plan does not require a huge set up cost for setting up Hosting for you and can be started very easily. It does not take much time to set up a Cheap Hosting account. The hosting company will make an account for you on a server and will give you an access to it. So you are not required to do much.
A company which does not require much security, wants less customization, has less traffic and is low on budget, this type of hosting solution would suit him the most.
Though there are some drawbacks of this type of Hosting.
- Shared Hosting or Cheap Hosting gives you access to limited resources
- Your server offers less customization
- In case you have a large traffic coming to your website then this type of hosting would not suit you.
- Also your server is not that secure here in a Cheap Hosting plan. The working of your site is affected by the others on the same server. This is also known as Bad neighbor effect.
Cheap Hosting or Shared Hosting providers try to offer a general package to everyone who is just a beginner to Hosting. They try to keep their costs low and that is why they are able to sell it at a cheaper price.
So once you know that you will now be having greater traffic on your website and would like to have a more customized and secure solution, it is time to shift to a VPS or a Virtual Private Server.
About Virtual Private Server or Virtual Server
A Virtual Private Server as the name says is a server created by partitioning a large physical server into a number of servers virtually. Each virtually partitioned server has its own identity and gets its own operating system. So now this virtually partitioned server becomes your own private server. A Virtual Private Server has a lot of names. It is also known by various names such as a VPS, Virtual Server, Cheap Dedicated Server, Cheap VPS or a Virtual Dedicated Server.
A VPS is very cheap since all the virtual servers share the same physical server thereby sharing the costs. So it becomes cheap for its users and still offers all the features that a Dedicated Server offers.
Under this system the users get a lot of benefits
- First of all it is very cheap as compared to a dedicated server.
- Each user gets his own operating system and hence can reboot and update the server as and when desired.
- You get access to a large amount of resources. You can install and uninstall software and application according to your needs.
- Web hosting companies manage your VPS for you, so you do not have to worry on the maintenance part of it. They will update it and take backups from time to time for you. So you do not have to worry about your data at all.
- You can customize your Virtual Server and save money by not taking some bits of features which are being offered by web hosting company. This is not possible in a Cheap Hosting or a Shared Hosting plan. There the hosting companies provide one general plan with the same features to everybody who signs up for it. This is not so in a VPS. Here you will get what you want and can change the specifications of it anytime later too.
- A VPS also has an added security over a Shared Server.
- You can host multiple sites using a single plan on a Virtual Server.
- Lastly, you can use it as a mail server too.
The price difference between a Shared Hosting and a Virtual Private Server is not very large as compared to the price difference between a Shared Hosting and a Dedicated Server. Hence it is a middle path between the two and offers all the features at a very cheap price.
So if you are able to predict your requirements well you will now be choose the best hosting plan for you after reading the above information. This means, if you are a beginner and just want to make an online presence, Cheap Hosting or Shared Hosting would suit you the most. But if you are planning to expand and want more features to your Hosting then you must go in for a Virtual Server or a VPS. The price difference between both of them is negligible but the advantages are huge.
At UCVHOST we excel in all i.e. Shared Hosting (Cheap Hosting), VPS (Cheap VPS / Windows VPS / Forex VPS) and Dedicated Server as well. You name it and we will do it for. With 11 years of industry presence we have expertise in all these solutions. Our support is available 24/7, 365 days a year. We give an up time of 99.999% with 30 day money back guarantee. Just visit UCVHOST and try our services. You will never regret your decision since you will have chosen the BEST.